When reinforced cement concrete needs to be cut in to a square or a rectangle shape or when incisions in concrete walls or slabs have to be made, a variety of methods are used depending upon the application.
Concrete saw is very common metnod used while construction is under process. At the domestic front, it is used for enlarging a door or a window or for creating an opening. It is also used while doing the plumbing and drainage or electrical work by cutting trenches.
Embedded walls become harder as they age and are more difficult to cut through. Despite the challenges posed by the steel reinforcement, the technological inventions has made it possible to cut through even the toughest surfaces.
At a large scale, when dams , piers or nuclear power plants or while building bridges and highways, concrete cutting is employed.
Today, there is a variety of machines available which offers improved, quick but efficient cutting process. By understanding the finer points of each type of machines, it is possible to make the right choice for the job on hand.
The common cutting tools are cut-off machines and diamond chainsaws. While they can be used intermitantly, they are not interchangeable. The choice of power source for your cutter depends upon the application. While electic saws are lightweight and less noisy, they are considered less powerful and can take longer to complete a job. Also when cutting is done indoor or enclosed environment, the electric saws are more likely to be used than their counter part, hydraulic saws. You should browse this article for complete reviews about concrete cutting.
Hydraulic saws on the other hand are more convenient outdoor but are likely to be more expensive as well. The third option is to go for pneumatic saw which is simple to use and less hazardous as well.
The use of hand held cutting tools can be hazardous if safety precautions are not observed. While planning the cutting work,operator and even people in the vicinity are identified and care must be taken to ensure safety of all the concerned.
Given below are important safety measures (though not exhaustive);
• Chose the reight equipment for the job on hand
• Define the operator’s work area
• Identify the type of concrete (whether it contains reinforced steel, electrical cables etc)
• Ensure protection for co-workers and passerby
• Get fully concversant with the instructions before using the equipment
• Check the normal situation of the tools before performing the job
• Check the equipment before every job to confirm that guards, cutting tool, hydraulic hoses and leads are in good condition.
• Inspect the equipment and maintaine it regularly as per instructions provided by the manufacturer